Summer is a great time to relax, refresh, and renew for the upcoming school year. It is also the perfect time to start planning ahead so that the new school year is much less stressful!
If you are starting to plan ahead for the 2022-23 school year, today's post is for you! I'll be sharing resources related to running your business, lesson planning, choosing supplemental activities and repertoire, and much more!
Keep reading for ideas to jumpstart your best year ever!
- Thinking about revising your studio policy for next school year? Check out this post on how to write the perfect studio policy sheet (and why you need one!).
- Are you considering expanding your studio by offering in-home lessons? Check out my series on travel teaching to read all about the pros, cons, tips, and tricks related to teaching in students' homes.
- Thinking ahead to planning your next holiday recital? This article talks about why I decided to go virtual for my holiday recitals and how to put together a YouTube playlist recital in 5 minutes or less!
Resources for New Students
- Start new students off on the right foot with this blog post full of fun first-lesson activities for new students!
- Looking for fresh ideas for teaching technique? This post demonstrates warm-up exercises for beginners of all ages, and this post talks about the first 5 techniques that are helpful for beginners, and how to teach them!
Resources for Returning Students
- Welcome your students back to the piano with this post full of fun ideas for the first lesson of the school year.
- Looking for resources to help your students practice more efficiently? Check out the free practice strategy worksheets in this blog post.
- Looking for resources to help your students learn scales? Check out this post with tips for teaching scales to students at every level!
- Wondering the best way to connect with your busy high school students this year? Check out this post with tips for teaching busy teens!
Resources for Lesson Planning
- Do you want to incorporate more supplemental musicianship activities into your lessons next year, but just aren't sure where to start? Check out my "Musicianship Monthly" series for ideas on how you can focus on a different musicianship skill each month!
- Looking for games and manipulatives to use with your students? Check out these posts on ideas for using dice, Scrabble tiles, puzzle erasers, and pop-its in your lessons!
- And, of course, there are dozens of great resources on my "Free Stuff" page HERE, organized by category!
Ready to explore new repertoire for your students? Below are some of my newest collections from the past year for students at every level! Click on the images below to see and hear the music:
What do you think? Have you started planning for next year yet? What new ideas are you implementing in your studio? What resources are you still looking for? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!