To that end, I have updated the "transposing challenge" section of my Free Stuff page to include 8 revised transposing challenge worksheets! These worksheets will help students progress from transposing simple five-note melodies played by one hand, all the way up to playing melodies using the entire one octave scale harmonized by primary chords.
These worksheets are a great way to give your students more practice with pentascales, one octave scales, and primary chords in all 12 major keys. They also build reading skills by encouraging students to look for interval patterns and blocked and broken chords.
Click on the links below to download any of these free worksheets:
- Challenge #1: Jingle Bells (5 note melody, RH only)
- Challenge#2: Ode to Joy (5 note melody, LH only)
- Challenge #3: Row, Row, Row, Your Boat (5 note melody with simple LH harmony)
- Challenge #4: Deck the Halls (stretching to a sixth in each hand)
- Challenge #5: Alouette (5 note melody using I and V7 chords in LH)
- Challenge #6: For He's a Jolly Good Fellow (extended melody using I, IV, and V7 chords in LH)
- Challenge #7: Country Gardens (using the entire major scale with I, IV, and V7 chords in LH)
- Challenge #8: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (extended melody with I, IV, V7 chords in each hand)