These calendars are a fun way to help students review and keep up their skills over summer break. Students are given a challenge for each day of the month, including:
- Listening to a famous piece of music (all of the listed pieces can be found easily on YouTube)
- Sight-reading a new piece
- Reviewing a favorite repertoire piece
- Playing a piece for a friend
- Reviewing scales, chords, and music vocabulary
- Playing a familiar tune by ear
- Clapping and writing out rhythms
- Reading about famous composers
I tried to keep these challenges short (most can be done in 5 minutes or less) and broad enough that they are accessible to students of all ages and levels.
Get your free summer review challenge calendars HERE. Enjoy!